Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Fitness

This week was another week full of sticking to my scheduled workouts! Whoop whoop! I admit that I did a little extra snacking this week, but I didn’t let that ruin how good I felt from exercising.


Monday
  • Full body
Tuesday
  • Abs
  • 30 min run
Wednesday
  • Full body
Thursday
  • Lower body
  • 3 mile run
Friday
  • Abs
Look at that! Matt and I actually went run after work…twice…and it was great!
I know that this is only the second week that I have been actually been exercising, but I feel better than I have in a while. I know that there will be a day that I don’t feel like getting up and working out before work, but I hope that this time around I will be better equipped to push those thoughts away and stick to the plan.


On Tuesday it would be one of the few times that I ever did two workouts in the same day, so that made me a bit nervous about running later. I admit my run wasn’t as amazing as I hoped it would be. I’m not saying it wasn’t fun though. It was tough and hard to breathe. We only did 30 minutes instead of the full 3 miles that we had planned, but I was okay with that since we have to put in the work to get back to where we were before we started slacking.


I was even more nervous when Thursday rolled around because my exercise plan called for a leg day that morning. It didn’t even cross my mind to switch it with another day, but that is okay because I didn’t have anything to worry about. I almost backed out of the run today because it is my godchild’s birthday. (He is 11!) I’m glad I didn’t since the run was awesome. The weather was perfect, and I felt great the whole time. It was a little chilly, so I wore the shirt that I received from running the WDW Marathon. This was my first time using it for a run, and I think it was a nice little reminder that I could definitely 3 miles that day.


After our run we went to my sister’s house to see my godchild, and I indulged in some pizza. It was delicious. I had two slices, so I held back and only had two bites of Matt’s slice of cake.


This weekend Matt and I will be running in the Shamrockin’ Run 8k in New Orleans! It isn’t even a full 5 miles, but I am still really excited to run on Sunday. I don’t think that we have ever participated in a holiday themed race, so that is one thing that makes me look forward to this run. I’m also looking for to the free post race Guiness, but I will honestly probably only have a sip. I like beer, but it is actually rare for me to even get the free beers after races. Maybe because it is so early in the day? Oh, it is also supposed to rain on Sunday. Boo! I hope that the rain is just rain and not a storm. Anyway, I plan on having a good time, rain or shine!
See you next time!

P.S.
pie

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job this week! The weather has been so lovely lately! Hope you can get that run in Sunday! Looks like a fun one to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      The rain chances for Sunday are now up to 70%, ugh. I think our plan is that as long as it isn't storming we will still run, but I wish the rain would hold off until after we are finished!

      Delete